Friday, 15 May 2009

confusedaboutsongs.com

Do not let this post distract you from reading Garry and the Outrage of Grace.

I listened again this evening to a song that sounds very pleasant. The sentiment of the song must be fine too because it is a Christian song. Or, perhaps a better way of putting that, it is a song about living for Jesus.

When it's all been said and done contains the following lyric:

When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for you?

Interesting lyric given Nick's current obsession with justification.

But I listened to another song straight after When it's all been said and done:

And do you wanna
Do you wanna
Do you wanna make love to me
I know you wanna
I know you wanna
I know you wanna make love to me

The Kooks usually sound better than Robin Mark. Given the neo-Calvinist obsession with sex I do not feel so bad these days about liking The Kooks.

Which song is the most misleading? Or are both good? Can I do my best for Jesus by listening to a Kooks style serenade?

2 comments:

Danny said...

Dave... you crack me up!

You can listen to whatever you want... just as long as you don't take any of it too seriously.

An eclectic music taste is the sign of a balanced mind... well in most cases :-)

JohnGreenview said...

Avoid what is not 'good...pure...noble....etc'. I have been too free with what I would listen to and watch for pleasure. Seek the mind of the Lord. The Lord will help you to choose wisely.