I've only been blogging a short time, but it's been long enough for me to see the need for some ground rules when it comes to posting comments:
1. Post under your own name. Don't expect to be taken seriously if you're taking potshots anonymously or from behind a pseudonym. Take responsibility for your words and man up (or woman up or whatever).
2. Stay on topic. Tangential rants will be deleted.
3. False prophets get lost. Anyone posting a link to a heretical website/blog will have their comment binned.
4. Genuine questions are nevertheless encouraged. There's a world of difference from some snake-dancing nut job telling us that Jesus isn't God from a genuine believer struggling with doubt over some doctrine or other.
5. If you can't take a dig, don't give one. Think, "would I be happy with someone saying this to me?"
6. Be thick-skinned. Expect robust debate/argument. The law of love doesn't forbid strong words.
7. No gossip. If making a claim about what someone said, provide a link or a reference.
8. Have a go at me when necessary. I'm a righteous sinner and a hypocrite. I will fail to live up to these standards. When I do, remind me.
9. Love one another.