Monday, 16 February 2009

The Blog Commandments

I've only been blogging a short time, but it's been long enough for me to see the need for some ground rules when it comes to posting comments:

1. Post under your own name. Don't expect to be taken seriously if you're taking potshots anonymously or from behind a pseudonym. Take responsibility for your words and man up (or woman up or whatever).

2. Stay on topic. Tangential rants will be deleted.

3. False prophets get lost. Anyone posting a link to a heretical website/blog will have their comment binned.

4. Genuine questions are nevertheless encouraged. There's a world of difference from some snake-dancing nut job telling us that Jesus isn't God from a genuine believer struggling with doubt over some doctrine or other.

5. If you can't take a dig, don't give one. Think, "would I be happy with someone saying this to me?"

6. Be thick-skinned. Expect robust debate/argument. The law of love doesn't forbid strong words.

7. No gossip. If making a claim about what someone said, provide a link or a reference.

8. Have a go at me when necessary. I'm a righteous sinner and a hypocrite. I will fail to live up to these standards. When I do, remind me.

9. Love one another.

10. Er...

4 comments:

Danny said...

Eeeeek I'm just off to check my blog (written under a pseudonym) for heresy in case I get binned/deleted or worse...

Nick Mackison said...

LOL!

Andy Mac said...

Here, here. Directed to your blog Nick by JT. Loving it. Keep up the good work.

Nick Mackison said...

Good to have you on the blog Mr Macdonald!